After Continuum, what's your next move, Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bostero, Oct 10, 2015.

1. bostero macrumors newbie

Ok, so we've seen continuum from msft. It is not a revolutionary idea, as we all have thought about it and we also saw Ubuntu trying to do something similar a couple of years ago.
    I've always thought that Apple didn't want to develop something like this in order to keep the market separated, with iphones, ipads and MacBooks all in different segments. But now that MSFT has shown his new toy, is apple gonna make something similar for the following iOs/iPhone refresh?

It would be awesome to have something like this some time in the near future

2. smoledman macrumors 68000

Apple has already done Continuity which unifies iOS & Macs in a way with workflows. F.e., I was able to answer my iPhone on my iPad Mini today, magical.

However, these are completely different tech. Continuum in it's current form with a dock that requires wires is not going to fly with millennials or business people. You have to give them something that allows them to just drop it in and connects without wires but connects to the charging port, because wireless charging is too slow.