Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samir684

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
this doesn't have anything directly to do with windows, more the aftermath.

i partitioned a 32gig portion of my hd with bootcamp 2.0 and installed windows. after deciding to use parallels instead, i used bootcamp to delete the partition. after deleting everything ran smooth no problem.

i went to use my computer again the next day and turned it on and now mac os doesn't load automatically. if i let it try and load it gives me a black screen saying "no boot disk found press any key to restart" or something.

if i want to load mac os i have to hold the option key as if i were choosing between windows and osx, but the windows partition doesn't exist when i do that just my mac hd.

any idea how i can fix this problem without reformatting the drive?? i'm on a macbook pro if it matters.

samir684

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
there are no problems with mac os once it loads btw. everything runs perfectly smooth including parallels.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
System Preferences -> Startup Disk -> Select OS X 10.5 -> Restart

It looks like the bootloader is trying to default you to a nonexistant Windows partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.