after drop - iphone is mute

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by uchuslwl16, Oct 15, 2008.

1. uchuslwl16 macrumors newbie

arghh alright so, i dropped my iphone today (STUPID ah) anyway, it now will not let me talk unless i have headphones in or on speakerphone...!

I read somewhere that the speaker is disconnected from the circuit board?
    BUT after a reboot, I was able to receive a call...then a few minutes later..same issue as before..so it's testy...any help?!

ps the phone is unlocked and running on tmobile sooo I can't take it to apple...I just want to give up and sell it on ebay...what to do?

2. applelvr22 macrumors newbie

Try to use compressed air and clean out the headphone jack. Sometimes lint and stuff gets lodged in there and makes the phone think the headphones are plugged in.

3. wackymacky macrumors 65832

wackymacky

Hope you'd say about the fault!

4. MacRumor2 macrumors newbie

Iphone call mutes to speaker

I have a similar problem in that I can send and receive calls fine, with or without my bluetooth headset (I don't use the earbuds). Midway through the call, the other party's voice cuts out. The call is still in progress and I can pick them back up in speaker mode. It's starting to happen more often. Anyone else see this?

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

DON'T use compressed air! These canisters spray a minute amount of fluid and can set off the moisture sensors in your iPhone. You have been warned!

6. jp70 macrumors member

He already stated it's unlocked and on T-Mobile so he can't take it to Apple anyway. Even if it does trip that sensor and he takes it to Apple. Apple knows how sensitive that sensor is. I believe there is another inside the phone they check as well. I've had similar problems with lint in the headphone jack causing the same problem. Fixed it with air and using he headphone jack to dislodge the lint.