After dropping 1300$ on a Powerbook.. now time to accessorize!

silversyren

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
51
0
Specifically, protection.

If you had the choice, which would you get?
Vyper M or MacCase Sling

Keyboard protector? iSkin or Lajo? I can get a Lajo for about $12 so I'm definitely leaning toward that.

Should I get a Radtech screen protector?

Would you get a keyboard protector or a screen protector? or just get both?

geeze, I'm glad I already bought an invisible shield for my future nano.. :p

I really should have calculated this extra stuff into my budget.

$200 for a external hard drive, $1300 for a powerbook.. $150~ for a nano soon, and hopefully under $100 for other accessories. :p

also, here's a bit of a random question -- how can you tell which revision your pwoerbook is?
 

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
1,616
0
silversyren said:
Specifically, protection.

If you had the choice, which would you get?
Vyper M or MacCase Sling

Keyboard protector? iSkin or Lajo? I can get a Lajo for about $12 so I'm definitely leaning toward that.

Should I get a Radtech screen protector?

Would you get a keyboard protector or a screen protector? or just get both?

geeze, I'm glad I already bought an invisible shield for my future nano.. :p

I really should have calculated this extra stuff into my budget.

$200 for a external hard drive, $1300 for a powerbook.. $150~ for a nano soon, and hopefully under $100 for other accessories. :p

also, here's a bit of a random question -- how can you tell which revision your pwoerbook is?
I know you aren't wanting this per ce, but what is with people's fascination with keyboard protectors? I just never got that, I thought the lid/screen protected it :confused:
 

silversyren

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
51
0
For me, it's a matter of keeping gunk out from the little spaces between my keyboard. More important with a laptop, I would think..

For the desktop's keyboard, I set it on the edge and thunk it every so often to get the stuff out of it but I'm definitely not thunking my powerbook around.

It's for when my laptop is in use -- protecting it from my grubby fingers, haha.
 

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
543
0
England
I personally would go with that vyper m, alongside my everyday rucksack. Double protection, plus good looks.

For when you don't need the portability, have you considered using an external keyboard? Definatly the sure-fire way to look after your powerbooks.
 

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
1,309
19
Have to agree - the £1200 I dropped for my iMac a few months back was just he start - the accessories are what makes it real fun ;)
 

c-Row

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
1,194
1
Germany
Peyton said:
I know you aren't wanting this per ce, but what is with people's fascination with keyboard protectors? I just never got that, I thought the lid/screen protected it :confused:
With some laptops, the keys seems to leave marks in the screen, slightly pressing into the material, which can't be repaired.
 

Mustafa

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
245
6
Shenfield, Essex, UK
c-Row said:
With some laptops, the keys seems to leave marks in the screen, slightly pressing into the material, which can't be repaired.
I used a Radtech protector on my PB from new, but still got the key imprints on the screen! They have cleaned off with iKlear though (an essential accessory BTW). Thinking about it, maybe I got the marks because I mainly used the PB closed in a BookEndz docking station -- the heat wouldn't have dispersed so well. My wife and daughter both still use Radtechs on their iBooks with no marking problems.

Now I just use a piece of foam sheet that came as packing for some other Apple product -- problem solved, for free!