After Early Upgrade (AT&T)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FSMBP, Nov 19, 2010.

1. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Right now, I'm eligible for an "Early iPhone Upgrade" (I can get a base iPhone 4 for $399.99).

However, once I do that, will I be able to get the next iPhone at the same "Early iPhone Upgrade" price too (which we all assume will be summer 2011)?

I plan on asking a AT&T rep tomorrow but I know other members have probably done this and can shed some light. Thanks.

I looked over past threads & I didn't find a clear answer about this...

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I'm pretty sure you can. I did an early upgrade from 3G to 3GS, then I had early upgrade for iPhone 4, but when AT&T pushed people up, I went from early to full upgrade.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Don't waste your time asking anyone about what will happen next year. Because nobody knows! These decisions are made by apple at the time of release, not now! They will either take a guess, tell you about last year, or just lie to you. Forget it. Do what you want now. :cool:

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If the rumors are true and Apple does release a Verizon iPhone next year, that would mean that AT&T's exclusivity is over, so they might not be offering any more early upgrade incentives to current iPhone 4 owners.

I'm just guessing, no one really knows at this point.

(in 2011, many iPhone 3GS owner's contract will just be ending) .

5. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

Early upgrades are generally 6 months from the previous standard upgrade or 1 year from the previous early upgrade.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, you cannot keep getting early upgrades.
    Like I got an early upgrade for my 3GS the summer of 09 so I wasnt eligable for another early upgrade this Summer when the iphone 4 came out. I had to pay full price or wait till February but next summer I will qualify for the full upgrade price.

7. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

exactly, each year is a bit different. just enjoy your phone and see what happens when the next iPhone is released.

/lock this pointless speculation thread

8. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Thanks! You and Appledjuiced answered my question!