After Effects: best commercial to re-create?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by theprizefight, Feb 9, 2008.

1. theprizefight macrumors member

I'm currently taking an Adobe After Effects course, and our mid-term assignment requires us to re-create any television commercial we want. Im just wondering if you guys have some ideas of some good commercials to consider doing in after effects...My initial reaction was to do the ipod touch commercial (music is my boyfriend...) because it would be heavy on After Effects animation and lighter on the video side.

Just looking for some other ideas for commercials (doesnt have to be apple commercials obviously)...I don't want to have to re-film any video, so commercials with more animations/stock video would be better.

Thanks in advance.

2. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

How about one of those funky iPod adverts? (Particularly the Eminem one) They don't take much video work to do but they require quite a bit of After Effects work.

3. Bunsen macrumors member

4. tivoli2 macrumors regular

tivoli2

Guinness!

My vote would be for a Guinness commercial - one with the two fellows yelling "Brilliant!" at each other. It would allow you to do simple cut-out animation with a fun, sophisticated look and you'd get to demonstrate the use of several AE techniques including parenting and nested comps in a way that might set you apart from the rest of the class. Just do a YouTube search & you'll find several to check out.

Brilliant! :D

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

AE scares me... All good suggestions. Depends on what you like and what you feel comfortable doing. Like me i hate working in 3-D so confusing