After effects: Consistent colour correction?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by xelentoliver, Jan 13, 2012.

1. xelentoliver macrumors newbie

xelentoliver

How to keep colour correction the same throughout an After Effects Comp?

I've recently started using After Effects, it's great, but it's little things that hinder me. For example if I have a composition with 4 different clips in, how do I correct the colour exactly the same for, say 3 of the clips?

I've seen this: http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2009/03/consistent-color-correction/ but I don't really understand what it wants.

Help me please!

2. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Create an adjustment layer over the top of your clips and apply it there. Else, set up your adjustments then either cut and paste onto other clips, or create a preset to apply it to other clips.

3. YESimBLUNTED macrumors member

Just take your clips (or comps) and put them all in one comp. Make an adjustment layer and put a tint effect on it. Change tint to whatever you decide looks good and it should roughly help out your color correcting. You may also want to throw some curves adjustments on the various comps/clips if you need to add or pull some colors.

You can also put a curves adjustment on the adjustment layer with the tint effect on it to make the whole comp warm or cold as you see fit.