After Effects CS3 HD Question...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by PhoDeep, Jan 22, 2009.

1. PhoDeep macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I'm a total noob to this video stuff :confused: and i was wondering if I made something in AE, a radial ramp with some text, could I be able to export it in HD? I made a video that is about 12 seconds long with an audio track and when i render it, not export, the file is huge! BTW the size of the composition is 1280x720.

2. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

You can export to just about anything you want in AE. When you send your composition to the Render Queue, you can set the compression codec (uncompressed, ProRes, etc.), frame size (which in your case should be set to 1280x720), etc.

3. PhoDeep thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, since I'm going to be uploading this video to YouTube, what type of compression would you recommend I use? So far I've tried "Animation" and it the quality is great! :D But unfortunately the file is enormous! :(

4. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Preferred method: output as an animation first (we'll call this your master render) and then export that file to something smaller like H.264 in Quicktime Pro, FCP, MPEG Streamclip, etc.

You can also render straight to H.264 in your After Effects project if you want.

5. PhoDeep thread starter macrumors newbie