After Effects CS5.5 to CS6 saving?

qbert2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2012
Hi I've been looking for this question. Say for instance, I've been working on After Effects CS 5.5 (at home) and i want to open the file and use it in CS 6 at school. Are there any problems that I should know? My school got CS 6 recently and I don't at the moment.

ThePreditor

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2012
CS6 can save down to a 5.5 version. So you'll be going from 5.5 (home) to 6 (school), but just remember to save as to 5.5 for your home use again.

qbert2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2012
Thanks ThePreditor, one last thing. Say I work on After effects at home save it. take all files for that project to usb to backup. is it easy to bring up open it without any hipcups/missing render objects/images?

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
Thanks ThePreditor, one last thing. Say I work on After effects at home save it. take all files for that project to usb to backup. is it easy to bring up open it without any hipcups/missing render objects/images?
If you use the same hierarchy for your files, it shouldn't be a problem. I believe it will tell you it's missing links. Then you look for one link, and it will automatically find the rest. (if they are in the same folder).