After effects cs5 on an imac

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dbl.ceo, Sep 10, 2010.

1. dbl.ceo macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anyone has a late 2009 i7 iMac and is running after effects cs5 I plan on buying it next week and would love to know preformance some people have?

Cheers in advanced :)

2. mBox macrumors 68020

If your deep into CS4 and older be careful moving your projects over to CS5. Were experiencing the worse at work.
    I shouldnt be suprised, CS4 took almost a year of dealing with to get it to its somewhat buggy state :p
    I work heavily in Motion/3D/NLE, just have to deal with the quirks :p
    Now of course this is running it on MacPro Intel 2009 models and SL.
    I did test a MacBook Pro Core Duo against the Quad Core with the "Nighflight" test doc. Using SL for both the diff is 7min on MBP and 2min on MP.
    It took 11min on CS4 on same MBP.
    Considering that same doc took 36min a few years ago on CS3, I think youll be fine :)

3. dbl.ceo thread starter macrumors newbie

cool beans

Nah this"ll be my first escapades into after effects at all been watching a bit of videocopilot and its really got me pumped up

I do find the compatibility betweem cs4 and cs5 completely stupid but oh well such is life.

Thanks for your help/advice :)

4. mBox macrumors 68020

FYI, we were having issues rendering big QT clips. Just found out from Adobe tech that Adobe and Apple are working out issues with QT movies larger than 2GB. They state that its only with network rendering but Ive ran into this even with rendering to local desktop.
    I cant believe these issues come up still :p