After Effects + New MB ok, or no?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Santabean2000, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Santabean2000 macrumors 68000

Santabean2000

Basically it's between a MB, or droping the the xtra cash for a MBP, (base model). Really don't wanna spend any more than necessary.

Comp would also be used with other CS3 progs, esp Premier and Photoshop.
    Hobbie styles, not for job, (yet).

Cheers

2. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Personally I would def. get the MBP. You will need the extra horsepower in the graphics card to drive the CS3 apps.

Trust me on this. Don't skimp on something that you want to run Pro level applications on, esp for video stuff and after effects. I went down the road before, and it's not pretty. You end up disappointed.

3. kwfl macrumors 6502

it will break your MB
    i run AE in my MBP and the fans wont stop. Even in a pro, i dont feel it is as good as a mac, but in a MB, i wont really run it, unless you are only practicing very tiny projects.

4. timimbo85 macrumors regular

timimbo85

i would go the with pro bud, I was in the same boat and I am so much happier i went with the pro. It was that dedicated graphics card and it will save you stress. There are really good deals on refurbs if money is an issue.

I see my computer as an investment towards my future and my career, why not go the extra yard and spend a few more bucks. If you free lance on the side like me, it will ultimately pay off!!!!

5. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Yeah, go refurb too. I didn't mention that before.

Same warranty, and you can get applecare and you save money. it's a no brainer.