After Effects Unpredictable? Please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jackmack, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jackmack macrumors regular

Hi guys! I'm working on a project, but most of the time when I try to export into quicktime, I end up getting this series of errors before it finishes:

After Effects error: There is not enough memory available to complete the operation. Please make more memory available by closing windows or quitting other applications, and try again. (-108) ( 25 :: 60 )

After Effects error: QuickTime export failed -- Out of memory. (-108)

After Effects error: deleting file "Comp 1.mov" -- file not found (-43).
    ( 3 :: 31 )

Yet one time, it managed to export without a hitch. It's very unpredictable how far it will get before it fails or if it will fail.

I'm running After Effects 7. Is there any way to make it work?

I'm running a MBP 17" with 2 gigs of ram and 2.16 GHz Core Duo.

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

You need to buy more RAM. Also do not forget that Adobe After Effects 7 is not a Universal Binary as far as I know (please correct me if I am wrong) so will eat more RAM than it would do normally.

3. jackmack thread starter macrumors regular

well, my macbook can't handle anymore ram...

but anyways... if i dont have enough ram, then how did it render once without issue?

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Smaller file to render I assume thus requiring less RAM. I maybe wrong on the RAM front but it does seem like the most likely explanation.

5. jackmack thread starter macrumors regular

It was teh same file.

In fact, I was complaining to my friend about it over aim and was going to do it again to give him the error number... but then it just worked... perfectly, and really really fast.