After factory reset, can't set up Airport Extreme!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iMoverBerlin, Apr 1, 2010.

1. iMoverBerlin macrumors newbie

Hello all!

American living in germany here. I am using a PowerBook G4 running OS 10.4.11

I am using an Airport Extreme Station with a Siemens Router. I couldn't get my iphone to work wirelessly via Airport, so I decided to do a factory reset. Now after having done that, my Airport Setup Assistant recognizes my Airport but after clicking continue to proceed, I always get the message that it is unable to find the base station.

I should add that my internet stopped working about two weeks ago. I thought it might be my system software so I reinstalled that on my Mac. Turns out it was my ADSL box so my phone company sent me a new one. I did get my Airport to work with my old settings and the new box....but after this factory reset, my computer can't communicate with it.

Help please....I need to be wireless again! Now I am on the internet via an ethernet cable.
    Thanks!

2. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Connect the Airport Extreme to the computer directly (via ethernet cable) and then try and configure it using the airport utility. Then connect the airport extreme to the router and try and connect wirelessly.

3. iMoverBerlin thread starter macrumors newbie

OK thanks. I'll try that. So from the LAN connection from the Airport directly to my laptop via the ethernet cable, correct?

And I don't have Airport Utility. I have AirPort Setup Assistant and AirPort Admin Utility. Which do I use?

Thanks!

4. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Yes connect it directly to the Laptop.

Here is the Airport Utility : http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/application_updates/airportutility541.html

Good Luck.

5. iMoverBerlin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot. I tried all those things and still get the same message. Damn! Is my Airport f'd? It was just working today. Ever since the factory reset, my computer sees it and then when I click the continue button it says it can't see it. AAARGGHGH!!