After getting a replaced iPhone 4 (sept. 4, 2010)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rakan, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Rakan macrumors member

After getting a replaced iPhone 4, do they update the firmware on each of the phones? I've heard you get an un-marked box with an either refurbished or brand new iphone, none of which matters to me. I am concerned weather or not the new iphone will have 4.0.2 or 4.0.1 or 4.0 or do they even bother updating all the refurbished phones? or im not too sure about how it works. I've only had this phone for about 3 weeks. Still have a couple of days left on my 30 day warranty. :p

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You gotta get lucky but with refurb units you still have a chance.
    You can also hope to find a nice Apple rep that will look for a replacement unit for you with 4.0 or 4.0.1 if you ask nicely:)

3. Rakan thread starter macrumors member

Haha, thanks... but what would be my reason to ask for one with an old firmware... obviously im not going to tell him/her i want it so i could jailbreak it :)!

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

LOL--the Genius who saw my phone when we bought my husband's wanted to compare notes on Cydia apps. Many of them, if not most JB their own, and even the ones they carry in the store are often JB'd. Can't hurt to ask what firmware's on a new phone they offer you.

Realistically though, we'll have a new JB within a few weeks as the Dev Team had a couple of exploits saved up. Getting a 4.0.2 phone is a nuisance, but not for long...

5. Rakan thread starter macrumors member

OoooOoo awesomeeee!!! Are you part of the dev team o_O? Anyways... Thanks so much!