after half a year of having the iphone 3g..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kj123492, Nov 27, 2008.

1. kj123492 macrumors newbie

my battery life has decreased significantly. in the beginning i was getting like 6hrs of usage and always >day of standby time, now it's getting in the red around 7 at night and like 4 hours of usage. i am not liking this.. this phone has to last me two years! at this rate in another year i'll be recharging all the time and i know some people have to do that already but i was loving my iphone.. so close iphone, so close.

also, after my 2.1 update the backups were significantly faster. however, after a few times they've now slowed to almost the rate they were before the update, has this happened to anyone else? (i'm on 2.2 now and nothing changed)

2. mr-macintosh macrumors member

I believe the iPhone does use a lithium ion battery which does tend to fade over time I believe if your iPhone is still under the warranty you should be able to get this replaced, again this is only speculation but yes, I tend to agree with you. If they had installed a removable back cover it would have helped sole this issue by being able to replace the battery yourself.

3. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I got my iPhone in Best Buy and I didn't ask about the warranty... I must be cracy.. How long should the warranty be?

4. Tenorsaw macrumors regular

Why don't you bring it to the Apple store? You can even try backing up your data and then restoring it.