After I Burn My Movie with iDVD, It Starts on Wrong Chapter!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by nyycavo24, Feb 18, 2010.

1. nyycavo24 macrumors member

I recently finished a two and a half hour video in FCE4, and exported it using quicktime conversion (I used the wrong sequence setting originally so I couldn't do normal conversion).

I inserted my chapters manually via quicktime and they work fine. I burned it to a DVD with menus, etc. in iDVD and thought all was well.

When I hit Play Movie...the movie starts from the middle! I can go backwards and cycle to the beginning, and when i go through chapter by chapter it works, but I obviously want it to start at the beginning.

Can ANYONE help?

2. Denarius macrumors 6502a

Denarius

If it's anything like DVD studio, you've probably inadvertently associated play with one of the middle chapter marks. Check the button target in Inspector

3. dedwarmo macrumors newbie

dedwarmo

After I Burn My Movie with iDVD, It Starts on Wrong Chapter!

Solution!

I had a similar problem. I had a Quicktime movie with chapter markers. After tweaking my theme I noticed that it wanted to start with Chapter 18. I eventually deleted the button from the menu (which got rid of the submenu and chapter menus) and did "Add Movie" again. It worked. The movie starts with Chapter 1 now.

By the way, I noticed that it wanted to start at Chapter 18 even when in "Preview" mode before I burned my DVD. I thought it was a glitch with iDVD and burned the disk anyway. The DVD behaved exactly the same as it did in Preview mode. I should have smelled the problem when I first saw it.

4. huntercr macrumors 65816

Hopefully dedwarmo's solution will work for you, but I also wanted to add, you know you can do Chapter markers in Final Cut that work for iDVD, right?