Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iosomer

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
New York City
Anyone else see this? I'm seeing an after-image of the watch faces in the black area when notifications or glances screens are blank. Not visible in some glances or home screen. This is the sapphire screen on SS watch. It's distracting but not awful, but I wonder if I should take it to the store... I'm afraid they will take it for diagnostics and I'll have to wait for a replacement. (Having trouble with uploading image at moment)

Edit - replies below are on the mark. Reducing transparency under accessibility on Watch app made it go away. I found it pretty ugly!

Last edited:

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
You should probably take it in and have it at least looked at. If it's deemed defective which it most likely will, they should give you a couple options. I've heard people just tell them they want to wait some time before committing to a repair/replacement.

Edit: never mind I misunderstood the post. Thought you were talking about something like burn-in

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Anyone else see this? I'm seeing an after-image of the watch faces in the black area when notifications or glances screens are blank. Not visible in some glances or home screen. This is the sapphire screen on SS watch. It's distracting but not awful, but I wonder if I should take it to the store... I'm afraid they will take it for diagnostics and I'll have to wait for a replacement. (Having trouble with uploading image at moment)

Are you sure you're not looking at transparency effects of the image behind the notifications pane?

lexic

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2015
Are you sure you're not looking at transparency effects of the image behind the notifications pane?

Yes, this. In the Watch app on the iPhone go to General -> Accessibility -> Reduce Transparency (turn "on"). That should make it go away.

iosomer

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
New York City
Wow. That did it. If this was supposed to be a feature, I do not find it appealing. I feel dumb, but thanks.

Yes, this. In the Watch app on the iPhone go to General -> Accessibility -> Reduce Transparency (turn "on"). That should make it go away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.