After install ssd and ram

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nygfan80, Dec 2, 2010.

1. nygfan80 macrumors regular

Okay, I installed everything correctly yesterday. I put in a 120gb hhd and 8gb ram into my i5. Look me a while though with the hard drive. Those tiny screws were just not going in. Well, every time on start up, it makes that apple chime but the screen turns gray for 30 seconds, and then it turns blue with the spinning wheel and loads to the desktop. So my question is, is it supposed to go to a gray screen because when I had to stock hd, it was not doing that? Everything else works fine, it is just bugging me.

2. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

does it take kind of long? try going to system preferences: Startup Disk: Choose your ssd then click restart

3. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

4. nygfan80 thread starter macrumors regular

There we go! It cut that time by three quarters. Let me ask you this, I knew to Mac osx, what did that do?

5. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You've told the system to boot from the SSD first. It may have been attempting to launch from the DVD drive first, causing the long wait time.

6. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

I had the same issue with my SSD, looked for the CD drive first. After doing this though it cut that time down tenfold. I now boot in under 10 seconds :D