After installing apps (during pairing) are there other settings to be done?

rawdawg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Brooklyn
Hello,
I received my Apple Watch late last night and began pairing it. I was really tired and went to sleep but remembered the Apple watch was asking me if I wanted to 'enable' setting items before I set it down. I figured I would finish in the morning.

I had already sync'd my apps which took a long time.

When I woke up my iphone was at the screen telling me what my default credit card was in my wallet. After I hit "okay" it brought me to my watch screen and it was as if it was all setup. Problem is I definitely remember there were some settings I hadn't completed from the night before.

I unpaired and paired it again. After allowing time for my watch to sync with my iphone it again told me what my default credit card was but then again went straight to the watch and didn't ask me for any other settings.

It was definitely asking if I wanted to enable something and I'm worried there are some settings I'm missing. Does anyone know what this could be and why I may not be seeing it?

Thank you!

tgara

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Hello,
I received my Apple Watch late last night and began pairing it. I was really tired and went to sleep but remembered the Apple watch was asking me if I wanted to 'enable' setting items before I set it down. I figured I would finish in the morning.

I had already sync'd my apps which took a long time.

When I woke up my iphone was at the screen telling me what my default credit card was in my wallet. After I hit "okay" it brought me to my watch screen and it was as if it was all setup. Problem is I definitely remember there were some settings I hadn't completed from the night before.

I unpaired and paired it again. After allowing time for my watch to sync with my iphone it again told me what my default credit card was but then again went straight to the watch and didn't ask me for any other settings.

It was definitely asking if I wanted to enable something and I'm worried there are some settings I'm missing. Does anyone know what this could be and why I may not be seeing it?

Thank you!
If the watch is working, you should be fine, no worries. I would suggest, however, going into the Watch app on your phone and reviewing all the Notifications, as well as the settings on the standard installed apps. In most cases, the Notifications are set up to Mirror the notification style on your phone, but that might not be what you want to see (or hear) on your watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
If the watch is working, you should be fine, no worries. I would suggest, however, going into the Watch app on your phone and reviewing all the Notifications, as well as the settings on the standard installed apps. In most cases, the Notifications are set up to Mirror the notification style on your phone, but that might not what you want to see (or hear) on your watch.
Good advice. I also had to learn that if I forgot to turn off "Do Not Disturb" on my iPhone, and had the watch set up to mirror that function, I'd miss calls on my 4th Gen. I tend to not carry the phone around the house anymore, or may leave it home. You can of course defeat the mirror function via the iPhone, even if the iPhone isn't around.