After installing statusnotifier an issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MacChinoNyc, Jan 6, 2010.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

I was asked to reboot. I am trying to jailbreak with blackra1n again and its not fully rebooting. Screen goes black. I push the sleep button on top and goes right back to plug into itunes and then since blackra1n is running on desktop the blackra1n logo comes up and then screen goes black again?

What do I need to do, or should I just restore?

2. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

could help if you tell us what model of iphone you have etc!!

if in doubt visit the iclarified website where they have tutorials instructing you how to jailbreak etc.

3. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Thing is I have jailbroken this phone 3gs for the past week with blackra1n and today I encounter this issue when I tried again. I ended up restoring phone and jailbreaking again and it worked.

Only difference today was I tried adding a source in cydia it couldnt locate and kept getting errors when cydia would restart mentioning this even though the source wasnt installed. I then went into ifile to delete the source from list file. Thats about the only different thing I did today.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If it's a new 3GS, it likely has new bootrom. This requires a 2nd run of Blackra1n to re-start the phone.

5. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

I kept re-running it and it didnt do anything but show geo bootscreen and right back to sleep. I would power it back up and right to the plug into itunes screen.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

7. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I read that last week when I first did this and everything was working great. Just ran into this new issue today, but after restoring I'm back up. Sorta, lol. Creating a new thread on another minor issue. How else am I gonna learn this quirky jailbreakin business