After IOS6 IPad screen is warmer and richer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by daraj, Sep 20, 2012.

1. daraj macrumors member

Or just a placebo effect? Not sure. Any insights?

2. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

Nope mine is cool as it was before, Just the way I like it.

3. dchao macrumors 6502a

Is that for iPad 2 or 3?

My iPad 3 has warmer colors than 2 already. Maybe Apple is just bringing the color temperature up on the 2 inline with the new iPad.

4. Bokes macrumors 6502

yeah- silly- I experienced the same effect- my ipad appeared clearer and sharper with better color after the upgrade.
    In reality I doubt anything really changed.

5. tdream macrumors 65816

The scientific definition is Reality Distortion Field.

6. RenoG macrumors 65816

Hmm are you sure, I know my car seems to drive smoother and quiter after I've washed it. It may be just an optical illusion, see if you can A/B with someone that's running ios5 still..

7. daraj thread starter macrumors member

I have the New Ipad and I could swear that before ios6 colors were less warmer. Again It could be my eyes :D

8. jdblas69 macrumors regular

ha ha I am glad someone else started this because I thought I was crazy too. After I grabbed my ipad 2 after the update it looked a bit sharper to me as well. I asked my wife if she had cleaned my screen because it look really good.

9. Che Castro macrumors 603

10. Bokes macrumors 6502

not only did mine look better- it started talking to as well.

11. daraj thread starter macrumors member

My car is faster now. No seriously, It does look sharper and warmer.

12. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

it's just the fanboy effect. another example being how random people interviewed on the street were shown an iPhone and told it was the "new" iPhone and asked how they liked it compared to their current iPhone 4. they said things like "better screen" ...."it feels lighter"..."i like the design better"...

when actually it was just an iPhone 4S

13. augustya, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Uh ! Seriously ?? Can a iOS Update change the colour theme of a device unless the iOS update specifically has addressed it or included in it as feature upgrade ! :rolleyes: Optical illusion could it be !

People with yellow tints on their iPad after the iOS 6 update has the Yellow Tint dissapeared.

14. dchao macrumors 6502a

Yes, it can. The LCD driver's gamma LUT (look up table) can be updated. Apple can load any curve into the table. Warm, Cool, or Standard. There are many minor bug fixes were never mentioned either.

15. AL123 macrumors newbie

i just got an ipad 3. DY series. manufactured in june.
    - a yellow shade on the left side, bottom and lower and upper right side. more prominent on the keyboard. '123' and 'spacebar' look faded. it's not a complete yellow tint on the entire screen though.
    - yet to see an ipad 3 with perfect screen. what is the situation here? they all get it exchanged time and again, but to no avail.
    - they claim it gets 'perfect' after a week/month usage. no documented proof available. tear down showed it's not the same iphone 4s glue issue.
    - ipad 2 has a whiter/brighter and more vivid screen. at full brightness, ipad 3 fails to impress me. for this price tag, the compromise isn't worth it.

will it get 100% fine with time?
    is iOS6 an improvement as far as screen is concerned?
    shall i wait for ipad mini?

16. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Three Options for you !!

1. Try to Exchange it and get a Current Month's Unit Sept-2012

2. If you are keeping the same unit try to use it at Max Brightness for some days, there have been reports of the Tint becoming lighter with continous usage at max brighntess for some days.

3. If nothing works this will surely work Jailbreak it and install colour profiles from Cydia and adjust the colour theme according to your taste, this will sure shot work.

17. AL123 macrumors newbie

1. there are no reports of sept units free of such display issues.

2. tint would become only 'ligher'? not as uniform/white as we see on an ipad 2? i compared mine with two ipad 2's. they're way brighter. and for a while, it renders retina feature useless.

3. colour profile can change the warm to blue-ish, but won't bring uniformity. right?

i'm from Pakistan and can't take advantage of the return/exchange apple policy. it's either i keep it, or send it back to UK (where it came from), and wait for an ipad mini or hope for a revised ipad next month.

any evidence regarding your point 1 & 3? youtube link where the difference has been demonstrated?

18. augustya, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Have you seen yourself a Sept Unit which is a DY as yet ?? see it yourself and then comment !

Well, It is like taking a chance but a lot of people have reported this, I can underatand a perfectly ok unit is something which cannot be matched with anything. Mine also had a slight greenish tint in the corner It kind of diminished with continous usage. so... U gotta take a chance especially when there is no exchange policy in your country !

It comes very close as close to be called as perfectly uniform. Saw some Youtube videos about a guy doing it on the iPhone 4S when it was released in early days last year just do a google search and you will get it.

Frankly you dont have much choice ?? Do you ?? So what else can you do ?? Take a chance and see if it helps !!

19. AL123 macrumors newbie

i think i read your posts at apple community forums. are you from india? you have been searching for a sept unit for a while. if you're a first hand witness, i'd take your word and try to get my hands on the latest manufactured unit.

----------

kind of diminished or 'perfectly even whites'?

----------

i can send it back (UK) immediately, and wait for a revised ipad next month, or a revised line which is free from display issues.

20. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Just installed ios6. Upon rebooting, I saw the Messiah, who promised me I would live forever in paradise. Thank you iPad.

21. AL123 macrumors newbie

ipad 3? did the messiah appear 'warm' or 'blue'? seriously, any improvement?

22. Chucklesbro macrumors newbie

I too experienced a sharper display after the ios6 upgrade on our ipad2. I attributed it the magic of Apple - I figured the upgrade included a Retina display. A truly amazing company.