After iPad2 is released, how much will iPad1 be worth?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NoSmokingBandit, Dec 23, 2010.

1. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Its hard to judge based on iphones seeing as they are subsidized via contract and stuff. Any idea what one might sell a base-model 16gb Wifi for when the next ipad is out?

2. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

At least $100 less. iPhone 3GS' are going for like $3-400 on Craigslist in my area still. Apple products don't loose too much value very quickly.

3. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

I would suppose that's due to the fact that it's unlocked, so I don't think it applies directly to the iPad.

The interesting thing will be to see if Apple does it iPhone-Style (offer the old model for a discounted price) or iPod Touch-style (discard the old model completely).

4. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

5. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Well naturally they'll take a hit because of the iPad 2, but dont forget there will be a lot of people wanting to take advantage of cheaper iPads, so it could drive prices up.

6. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I have been thinking this same question. I plan on getting iPad 2 on day 1, but will probably sell my iPad 1. I have a 32GB WiFi version. If I can get $300 for it, I will sell it. If not, I'll probably give it to my daughter (32 years old). Now if Apple drops the price of iPad 2, that could change my thinking completely.

7. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Why not just give it to your daughter and not worry about selling it. Or buy her an iPad 2 and keep the 1 for yourself.