After iTunes 9.2 update (corefoundation.dll) not found

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mappyman, Jul 8, 2010.

1. mappyman macrumors regular

Just went from 64bit Vista iTunes 9.0.2 to 9.2 iTunes on windows Vista.

Now I get an error of applesyncnotifier corefoundation.dll not found. I reinstalled 3 times now and it doesnt fix it.

I had a trouble free iTunes before I updated. Damn don't Apple test thier software updates?

Anyway Is there a fix for this ?

2. bluer101 macrumors regular

Had the same problem here with XP. The only solution I found was to either uninstall Mobile Me if you don't use it, or got to msconfig and uncheck applesyncnotifier from starting. After that no more error on startup.

3. mappyman thread starter macrumors regular

Found the problem. It's caused by "Mobileme" dll.

iTunes conflicts with it, removing (via Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs) fixes the problem.

bluer101: Thanks I already fixed it. Posted my fix which also came to the same conclusion i.e. Mobileme !!

4. MikoLeman macrumors newbie

This corefoundation.dll was not found error happens not only because of "Mobileme" dll as you mention but it can happen due to a problem with any other Apple software installation such as QuickTime for example. The easiest and safest way to try and fix this error is by reinstallation your Apple software installations one by one until the error is gone. (For me it worked after reinstalling QuickTime with their latest version).

5. Mary.farmer99 macrumors newbie

Follow these simple steps to fix corefoundation.dll error

This is because you are missing a file.

Step 1. You can http://dllcentral.com/CoreFoundation.dll/1.434.6/download/ here.
    Step 2. Paste this file into your system32 and system folder. Also put it in your syswow
    Step 3. Navigate to your System32(32Bit OS) or SyWOW64(64Bit OS) Folder.

Note: The location of System32 or SyWOW64 is
    C:Windows\System32 (If you are using 32Bit Windows)
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (if you are using 64Bit Windows)

Step 4. Paste the CoreFoundation.dll into this folder.
    Step 5. Run the game. It might work now. :) :)