iPhone After jailbreak, cellular data per-app settings keep resetting

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by g35, Jun 25, 2014.

  1. g35 macrumors 6502a

    Dec 13, 2007
    Hey guys, I just jailbroke my 5 on 7.1.1 yesterday. Whenever I change my per-app cellular data use settings, they go back to the way they were after a while. They don't all turn on...just revert back to the state I had them before jailbreaking. Does anyone know which tweaks might cause this? I have FakeCarrier, CCControls, CCClockopentoalarm, DockShift, Lock Screen Tool, NoAnnoyance, and Tinybar
  2. corvette macrumors newbie

    Dec 30, 2009
    If you mean your APN settings are not showing, like on the IPHONE, the SIM swap does not work on 7.1.1. If you phone is JB use APNEDIT it will then let you edit the APN settings, confirm working on H20
  3. g35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Dec 13, 2007
    No, not APN settings. You know how when you go to settings > cellular data and scroll down, you can turn on and off cellular data for each individual app? as soon as I flip a switch, if I go back to settings or home screen, the switch is reset (to the pre-jailbroken state).

    I figured out how to fix it, had to delete and reinstall the app. For apps I have reinstalled I can flip the switch to my heart's content.
  4. aidenh37 macrumors regular

    Apr 9, 2014
    Canberra, Australia
    Same here. I think Cydia Is doing it. Can someone please help!!!
  5. HenryLong macrumors 6502


    Apr 11, 2013
    Using iFile's SQL viewer, open /var/wireless/Library/Databases/CellularUsage.db, and enter use the SQL button at the top-left to enter the following SQL code:

    UPDATE bundle_info SET flags = 1; This will reset all apps to use cellular data. Alternatively, you can use:

    UPDATE bundle_info SET flags = 0; To turn off cellular data for all apps.

    The database uses an integer field to represent a boolean value. Somehow, the value is becoming corrupted and instead of containing only 0 or 1, the integer field in the database is somehow being populated with higher order integers (like 2 or 3).

    Afterwards per-app selection in Settings app should work properly again.

Share This Page