After Jailbreak & Unlock!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abhi104, Aug 5, 2010.

1. abhi104 macrumors newbie

Guys,

Just finished jailbreaking & unlocking my IPhone 4 (Thanks Jailbreaking community, appereciate your hard work).
    Well the phone is working fine as of now on roaming (Vodafone INDIA) here in USA. Havent tested much.
    I haven't installed any additional package from cydia...just the basic stuff preinstalled while jailbreaking n unlocking.

Now my question is, I just wanted to unlock the phone which I've done. I dont need cydia, but I know I cant remove cydia as I need unlocked phone.
    What all packages are irrelavent & can be removed from cydia?
    Also I keep getting updates in cydia, how can I stop them.

Please suggest!!

2. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

3. MCRunning macrumors 6502

I would recommend keeping it cause at some point you might need it. Just hide it in a folder

4. abhi104 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well its affecting the battery performance....the battery has started draining very fast...2-3% in 30 mins, that too in standby mode.
    before jaibreak, battery life was very good.

Any suggestion how to stop the battery drain issue?

5. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

That's not Cydia draining your battery performance. It's whatever else you've done via the jailbreak.

6. abhi104 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done nothing, just installed cydia & then ultrasn0w. reboot the phone, charged it to 100% and left it in standby mode (3g, push notification, facetime, etc has been disabled) however after 3 hrs my batter has gone to 91% in standby mode.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not cydia for sure. Cydia only runs for a few seconds when you open it.
    It might be the unlock process that always runs in the back to keep your phone unlocked but I doubt it would use much battery.
    Just let it drain close to 10% or less for a day and then charge it fully to see how it goes.
    Maybe try a restore and rejailbreak again.