After Jailbreak & Unlock!!

abhi104

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
INDIA
Guys,

Just finished jailbreaking & unlocking my IPhone 4 (Thanks Jailbreaking community, appereciate your hard work).
Well the phone is working fine as of now on roaming (Vodafone INDIA) here in USA. Havent tested much.
I haven't installed any additional package from cydia...just the basic stuff preinstalled while jailbreaking n unlocking.

Now my question is, I just wanted to unlock the phone which I've done. I dont need cydia, but I know I cant remove cydia as I need unlocked phone.
What all packages are irrelavent & can be removed from cydia?
Also I keep getting updates in cydia, how can I stop them.

Please suggest!!

MCRunning

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
I would recommend keeping it cause at some point you might need it. Just hide it in a folder

abhi104

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
INDIA
Well its affecting the battery performance....the battery has started draining very fast...2-3% in 30 mins, that too in standby mode.
before jaibreak, battery life was very good.

Any suggestion how to stop the battery drain issue?

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
Well its affecting the battery performance....the battery has started draining very fast...2-3% in 30 mins, that too in standby mode.
before jaibreak, battery life was very good.

Any suggestion how to stop the battery drain issue?
That's not Cydia draining your battery performance. It's whatever else you've done via the jailbreak.

abhi104

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
INDIA
That's not Cydia draining your battery performance. It's whatever else you've done via the jailbreak.
I have done nothing, just installed cydia & then ultrasn0w. reboot the phone, charged it to 100% and left it in standby mode (3g, push notification, facetime, etc has been disabled) however after 3 hrs my batter has gone to 91% in standby mode.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Its not cydia for sure. Cydia only runs for a few seconds when you open it.
It might be the unlock process that always runs in the back to keep your phone unlocked but I doubt it would use much battery.
Just let it drain close to 10% or less for a day and then charge it fully to see how it goes.
Maybe try a restore and rejailbreak again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.