After jailbreaking 2.0, itunes asks to set up iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by taibien86, Aug 4, 2008.

1. taibien86 macrumors member

Everytime i connect my iphone after i pwned it, itunes asks me to restore from backup or set up a new iPhone. i can't sync anything to my iphone other that the what was on the backup. the iphone works fine and is jailbroken properly, i just want to get rid of this screen. please help

2. Corn Chips macrumors member

I believe the screen you are at is only asking if you want to transfer all your contacts, pics, stuff like that, from a previous backup.

If you click on the new phone option, all that will be gone.

3. taibien86 thread starter macrumors member

right, but i don't want to restore it to a new iphone. i want to keep my info from my last backup

4. dquattlebum macrumors member

So when you have it plugged in select the option to restore from the previous backup, unless you're not seeing that...

5. DN7335 macrumors 6502

I ran into the same thing. You're presented with the option to restore from backup or set up as a new phone. First time I restored from backup (which took freakin forever) then when it was done, I got the same blasted screen again. Just to be sure, I restored from backup *again* and then danged if I didn't get the same screen after that. So at that point I said set up a new phone. It still remembered my phone's name, I think the only thing I had to do was adjust my sync settings to how I wanted them. Wasn't a big deal, just wasted my time doing the backup restore twice. All my settings on the phone, such as email accounts, contacts, etc were still in place.