After Jailbreaking i got this weird strip at the top left and right!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rahstyles, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Rahstyles macrumors member

Rahstyles

I just want to the wtf the problem is and if anybody else got the same thing after jailbreaking..

it only happens when i restart my phone...

i know its a shytty picture thanks to my shytty webcam on the hp touch smart since my wife left the camera at her aunts house

Attached Files:

2. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I have the exact same issue as you! However, mine is more narrow and longer. This is caused by the jailbreak and is nothing to worry about, as I have restored as a new phone and it went away!

3. ajax43 macrumors regular

I get the same thing on the right side of my ipad after I jailbroke it. It only happens when I start it up. I have no clue what it is, but performance is not affected and I only see it at start up, so the hell with it as far as I am concerned.;)

4. cirial macrumors regular

It reversed your apple logo too!

/sarcasm

The strip is fine, don't worry about it

5. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

The glitches on the boot screen are normal. You're looking at the kernel shellcode jailbreakme uses (temporarily stored on the framebuffer)

6. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

It is supposed to do that, it is part of the jailbreak.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Wrong forum. Check.
    Newbie. Check.

8. Rahstyles thread starter macrumors member

Rahstyles

Great!.. thought my iphone was messed up again.. cause the first iphone 4 i got.. the speakers went out on the top.. and i couldnt hear if i didnt do a speaker call..

Thanks apple peeps

9. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

Comex's jailbreak is a high level userland jailbreak. The problem with userland jailbreaks is the runtime code has to be stored somewhere, and it's more difficult here. So comex and co did something clever. They encrypted the jailbreak payload as coloured pixels and stored it in the buffered frame that displays when iOS is starting up or respringing.

To sum it up, those coloured pixels are the jailbreak code. If you had a good enough eye you could read off the RGB values of the colours and convert them to runtime code.

10. hrag525 macrumors member

11. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I'm probably being naive, but is that true? LOL...because if it is, that's the coolest thing I've read in a while! But you're probably just pulling my leg and I'm just being gullible! Trust me, it's not like it's outside the realm of possibility for me to be gullible...lol. :D

12. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

Purely ingenious!

13. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

I too have that but very narrow. Not a big deal though.

14. bripab007 macrumors 6502

It's true. That's how this JB works.