After Jailbreaking i got this weird strip at the top left and right!

TheShinyMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2009
I have the exact same issue as you! However, mine is more narrow and longer. This is caused by the jailbreak and is nothing to worry about, as I have restored as a new phone and it went away!

ajax43

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
North America
I get the same thing on the right side of my ipad after I jailbroke it. It only happens when I start it up. I have no clue what it is, but performance is not affected and I only see it at start up, so the hell with it as far as I am concerned.;)

Bandolier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
The glitches on the boot screen are normal. You're looking at the kernel shellcode jailbreakme uses (temporarily stored on the framebuffer)

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Wrong forum. Check.
Newbie. Check.

Rahstyles

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Great!.. thought my iphone was messed up again.. cause the first iphone 4 i got.. the speakers went out on the top.. and i couldnt hear if i didnt do a speaker call..

Thanks apple peeps

BobboZR2

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2008
Comex's jailbreak is a high level userland jailbreak. The problem with userland jailbreaks is the runtime code has to be stored somewhere, and it's more difficult here. So comex and co did something clever. They encrypted the jailbreak payload as coloured pixels and stored it in the buffered frame that displays when iOS is starting up or respringing.

To sum it up, those coloured pixels are the jailbreak code. If you had a good enough eye you could read off the RGB values of the colours and convert them to runtime code.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Comex's jailbreak is a high level userland jailbreak. The problem with userland jailbreaks is the runtime code has to be stored somewhere, and it's more difficult here. So comex and co did something clever. They encrypted the jailbreak payload as coloured pixels and stored it in the buffered frame that displays when iOS is starting up or respringing.

To sum it up, those coloured pixels are the jailbreak code. If you had a good enough eye you could read off the RGB values of the colours and convert them to runtime code.
I'm probably being naive, but is that true? LOL...because if it is, that's the coolest thing I've read in a while! But you're probably just pulling my leg and I'm just being gullible! Trust me, it's not like it's outside the realm of possibility for me to be gullible...lol. :D

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004

Purely ingenious!

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
I'm probably being naive, but is that true? LOL...because if it is, that's the coolest thing I've read in a while! But you're probably just pulling my leg and I'm just being gullible! Trust me, it's not like it's outside the realm of possibility for me to be gullible...lol. :D
It's true. That's how this JB works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.