After jailbreaking it, adding itunes apps etc. How to restore to factory set 4 exchan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Oct 25, 2008.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

So if i have future problems and i am in my 30 days period, i have jailbreak it and added lots of things, how i erase all trace of roms, jailbreak etc so i can exchange it if anything happens

2. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

If you have the numeric battery activated, deactivate it.

If you have Categories installed, remove every single app from the folders.

Restore it. If you know how, DFU restore it for good measure.

3. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

How to then

4. Chef-Jer macrumors member

After doing a restore from DFU mode also go to settings;general;reset; and erase all content and settings. It takes about 2 hours but will erase all traces of jailbraking. I've returned 2 jailbroken phones:eek: with no issues.

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Deactivate the number battery, uninstall Categories from Cydia>Manage>Packages
    DFU Restore: Hold Power+Home until it gets to Apple logo, let go of Power button..screen should be completely dark..like its off, but if you connect it to iTunes it'll prompt you to restore.

6. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

7. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

after i do this restore, all my usage data will be erase, if i return it they will have a way of telling me if my battery had a problem:confused:

8. Chef-Jer macrumors member

jailbraking can negatively affect your battery. After you restore run it threw a few battery cycles. You got a little problem though - you can't return it jailbroken, and you can't restore it with out erasing your data:rolleyes:

9. equlizer macrumors regular

please explain how jailbreaking can negatively effect your battery? Ive seen zero changes in my battery life since doing so:confused: