After Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by LuminousArk, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LuminousArk macrumors newbie

Hi, after successfully jail broken my 2G ipod, I installed Winterboard, and it tells me that I have to reboot the ipod. After clicking that button, my ipod doesn't turn on anymore?(Meaning the screen remains black)

Edit: I tried pressing Power + home button, but it still doesn't appear.

2. blackbelt534 macrumors regular

don't people read anymore??? it is a tethered jailbreak, meaning when you want to reboot your iPod you must connect your iPod to a computer and re-apply the redsn0w exploit

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Exactly. You must put your iPod into recovery mode (have iTunes open, plug in your iPod, then hold Power + Home for exactly 10 seconds. Then release the Power button and continue holding Home for another 10 seconds) and apply redsn0w every time you boot it.

4. ruku macrumors member

geez, why don't you help the guy out rarther than criticizing. has he got a snowballs chance in hell of getting it going again?

5. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Did you even read their post?!
    It isn't that hard to get it working again.
    The OP should have known that it was a tethered jailbreak and what to do when he wanted to reboot/turn on his iPod.

6. whitesn0w macrumors newbie

if you are using windows download this and skip to step 5 and continue with the steps good luck

7. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

In my post, I explained exactly what to do.