After jailbreaking..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iNickk, Aug 3, 2010.

1. iNickk macrumors member

When I jailbroke my iPhone 4, I thought that all the apps from Cydia would be free, so it seemed to be worth it. Now, most of the reasons that I jailbroke (mainly tethering tbh) are costing. I've noticed the my phone has slowed down a little too. I find it really difficult to find what i'm looking for in Cydia too.

So far all i've done is changed my carrier, and added bitesms. Not reason enough to keep my phone jailbroken.

Are there any a)solutions free tethering b)apps which show more information on the lock screen? c)other apps worth getting.

Thank you.

2. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

That's a very common misconception and why a lot of people think JB'ing is "piracy" when actually it lets you have third party apps without the strict apporval process of Apple. It's like the App Store w/o Apple.

It also allows you to "tweak" other stuff with your phone but I don't know all of that so I can't say.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

you are correct that not all apps are for free. for example mywi is $20 compared to $240 for a years worth of tethering via ATT. i dont understand why you think your phone has slowed down, i dont think it can make a noticeable difference. try sbsettings.

4. gianthobbit macrumors 6502

I too notice at times animations not being as smooth. My iPad seems a bit slower after j/b too, is this possible or am I over analyzing it?

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

its possible but i think you are over analyzing it.

6. randyhudson macrumors regular

http://wiki.github.com/tcurdt/iProxy/

Free and opensource. I assume there must be a way to install it on a jailbroken phone without the $99 developer subscription.

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

you're probably better off just restoring.

jailbreaking isn't for everybody.

8. ZenoVT macrumors regular

restore your phone, it'll fix the slow down that u perceive.

9. jvice09 macrumors member

jvice09

yea they would be lockinfo (lockscreen) dont complain about the $5 price tag it is probably the most useful app you will ever purchase. and sbsettings is actually free! and is another app you will learn to love

10. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Free tethering: Now that youre jailbroken, you can get the flashlight app and instal it (we wont tell you how.) BUY lockinfo. Its amazing for its price, trust me. Download SBSettings.