After logging in, Macbook Pro returns to login menu

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bixbie93, Apr 18, 2014.

1. bixbie93 macrumors newbie

Recently had to reinstall the OSX on my MacBook with an installation disk as my computer wasn't booting up pass the Apple logo. After re-installing the OSX and recovering my data with TimeMachine I had to update my OSX which required me to restart and after that everytime I tried to login it would go to a blue screen and return to the login menu. I can't even use guest to login. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Note: I've already tried the repair disk/repair permissions and it keeps saying the hardrive looks okay and keeps "fixing" the same permissions over and over again. I've also tried logging in with safe mode and the same thing happens.

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Are you on a 2011 15"/17" MBP with Radeon GPU?

If yes, your MBP has succumbed to Radeongate.

All these MBPs are doomed to succumb to Radeongate and there is no fix for it, as all Sandy Bridge logic boards with the Radeon GPU has a manufacturing flaw that causes it to fail.

The only best temporary fix is to go for a reflow/reball. And a GPU replacement. But given the age of the computer, I don't think it's worth fixing.

3. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

Try re-installing OSX. What model MBP and what OSX version?

4. bixbie93 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it's a 2010, 13" with NVIDIA GeForce GPU

----------

2010 13" MBP with OS X Snow Leopard

5. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

Sadly, the 330m has problems too. Not sure if it's the cause, but you can't rule out a bad GPU.

6. bixbie93 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually it's 320M, but I'm guessing that has problems too...really hope it's not bad GPU, but have a feeling it might be.