After logic board replacement, Macbook won't connect to internet

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chimaki, Jan 13, 2009.

1. chimaki macrumors newbie

So I've had a problem with my internet connection since a logic board replacement last week. It recognizes the network, but won't connect to the internet. When checking network diagnostics it says Self-Assigned IP or something to that effect. So on the home network I powered down the router and cable modem and this worked. The problem is now with a network at school. This network requires a webpage sign in for access, like wireless found in airports, etc. When I open either safari or firefox I simply get the screen that shows not connected to the internet, not the re-direct to the sign in. Anyone have any suggestions?

Copied from the Mac Basics board, I apologize if that's not what to do.

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

This (self-assigned IP) problem happens to me all the time at school. I solved this by removing the spreferred network from preference and connect again from scratch.

Also, did you have to register the MAC of your wifi with the school. This may have changed after your logic board replacement.

3. chimaki thread starter macrumors newbie

no MAC addressing or anyhting, i'll have to try the removal of the network and re-connect. thanks. any special instructions? maybe remove network, reboot, then re-add?