Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baconmacNcheese

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
The "print selection" option is grayed out for me. I know that there is an app that you can download, but it only works on Safari and I prefer to use Firefox.

The other annoying thing is that duplex printing isn't supported by Mac OSX. I emailed Canon about it and this is what they informed me.

Where can I suggest that Macs incorporate these things into their OSX?

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
I have a Samsung printer that duplexes, and for the longest time, it was either all or nothing - I couldn't switch between the two.

*Finally* Samsung updated their drivers so that I could actually turn duplexing on or off through the print dialog (like you're supposed to be able to.)

Works great now :) If yours doesn't duplex, it's probably Canon's drivers...

baconmacNcheese

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Ok cool thank you for the comments. It probably is the Canon drivers... I'll ask my friends if they have the same issue.

chaostik

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2008
I have always been able to do duplex and non-duplex printing flawlessly to the HP LaserJet here at work. It even gives me the binding style options (ie, print the reverse side with the same orientation like a book, or inverted like a flip-pad)

Definitely need to direct your feedback on that point at Canon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.