After making the switch, I have two concerns that have been bugging me...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by baconmacNcheese, Oct 21, 2009.

1. baconmacNcheese macrumors newbie

The "print selection" option is grayed out for me. I know that there is an app that you can download, but it only works on Safari and I prefer to use Firefox.

The other annoying thing is that duplex printing isn't supported by Mac OSX. I emailed Canon about it and this is what they informed me.

Where can I suggest that Macs incorporate these things into their OSX?

2. sine-nomine macrumors regular

Is it OS X or is it the Canon drivers? I'm all but certain that I did duplex printing on a printer at school with Tiger...I mean I could be wrong, but I think I did.

3. dcubed20 macrumors member

4. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I have a Samsung printer that duplexes, and for the longest time, it was either all or nothing - I couldn't switch between the two.

*Finally* Samsung updated their drivers so that I could actually turn duplexing on or off through the print dialog (like you're supposed to be able to.)

Works great now :) If yours doesn't duplex, it's probably Canon's drivers...

5. baconmacNcheese thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok cool thank you for the comments. It probably is the Canon drivers... I'll ask my friends if they have the same issue.

6. chaostik macrumors newbie

I have always been able to do duplex and non-duplex printing flawlessly to the HP LaserJet here at work. It even gives me the binding style options (ie, print the reverse side with the same orientation like a book, or inverted like a flip-pad)

Definitely need to direct your feedback on that point at Canon.