After many orders & cancels & orders & cancels, decided to go back to iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by carrerascott, Jan 3, 2014.

1. carrerascott macrumors regular

Really wanted to want the Mac Pro, but as a non video, photo, 4k, 3D, music editor, it just didn't make sense. For my uses, the i7 iMac will beat the 4 core and probably any Mac Pro (I use Fusion to run Windows for work applications, and use the Mac side for work and stuff for fun, plus ripping DvDs and the like).

Heart said Mac Pro, Head said iMac. When I realized I could get two top of the line i7 iMacs for the Mac Pro I would want (not even including external storage etc), it was a pretty easy choice.

Got a fully loaded latest model refurb i7 from Apple for around $$2250 (about $500 less than a new one with identical specs).

I'm sure you don't care, but, that's that. ;)

2. Anim macrumors 6502a

Anim

Good for you. Money doesn't grow on trees and the iMac is still a cracking machine.

3. cinealta macrumors 6502

4. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

Good for you - my millionaire friends are quite cautious in their purchases - which is why we're millionaires.

There are too many posts of the Ordered - don't need just want! ilk.

Apple really knows how to sell shiny things to people, even if they don't need them.

5. mrsavage1 macrumors regular

Actually the resale price of the mac pro is higher than the imac so if you sell it in the end it might come to the same price.

6. adr1974 macrumors regular

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

7. carrerascott thread starter macrumors regular

I would guess the nMP won't have as good resale as the oMP. Just a hunch. Maybe early on it will, but I think they'll become obsolete a bit faster.

8. mrsavage1 macrumors regular

Well i did say "might" so we will have to see but buying an imac doesn't necessarily mean that your saving more.