After-market SSD failed, can I ask for a nice gift?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacsAreBetter\, Jun 5, 2011.

1. MacsAreBetter\ macrumors member

MacsAreBetter\

My OWC SSD failed 2 weeks ago, and is on its' way back to their company office. I'm pretty pissed off to be honest.

So I'm thinking, to get my moneys' worth, to ask for a nice gift from them to compensate for my troubles, like a $30 neo-prene case for my computer.

How would I go about asking them to give me one?
    http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Case Logic/PAS215BLACK/

Cheers.

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

it's kind of pushy to ask for a compensation gift, don't you think? should be glad that it's getting replaced i would say, as it would suck if you were out the money you spent on it. i can understand your frustration and can sympathize but just take what is offered to you in my opinion and be thankful for such.

3. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Do not ask for a nice gift. Call them and let them know that you are not happy, and that you will like to have some compensation for the wasted time and data lost, that you were going to buy more stuff from them but now you are hesitating about it because of this bad experience. Maybe they will give you something to back up and prevent fatal data lost...who knows...but asking doesn't hurt.

4. dslrjunky macrumors regular

lol! you call it a gift but you are gonna ask for it? its more of like a demand.. thats like abusing the system..

5. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

I've had two failed Intel 320 SSDs. What should I ask them for (in addition to a replacement SSD, of course)?

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

The stitching in my stomach failed after a surgery on the apendicitis (however you spell that). I called the hospital the next day and asked for them to provide me with a replacement stomach for the trouble I went through. Sadly, I was declined.