Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tCdemon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Placentia, CA, USA
So I never had the need to put a password on any of my MacBooks...so after installing Mojave I been having issue...when my battery depletes and shut downs, then plug my charger in and resumes it prompts a password. To clarify I have no password at all on my MacBook, the only one is my iCloud password, when I install a new program and the window prompting a password pops up I use click "Ok" without having to enter anything. So I can't even press enter, because you have to type something to be able to press enter, I even tried my iCloud password and also I tried a hard reboot but it just goes to the lock screen...I have to reboot in recovery mode and reset the password and create one to be able to access my MacBook. Anyone else has had this issue?

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
So I never had the need to put a password on any of my MacBooks...so after installing Mojave I been having issue...when my battery depletes and shut downs, then plug my charger in and resumes it prompts a password. To clarify I have no password at all on my MacBook, the only one is my iCloud password, when I install a new program and the window prompting a password pops up I use click "Ok" without having to enter anything. So I can't even press enter, because you have to type something to be able to press enter, I even tried my iCloud password and also I tried a hard reboot but it just goes to the lock screen...I have to reboot in recovery mode and reset the password and create one to be able to access my MacBook. Anyone else has had this issue?

I have no issues at all, using it on a 2013 MBA, fastest OS yet

tCdemon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Placentia, CA, USA
wait, so.. you went into recovery and created a password? so is that working now?

Yes, you can reset your password in Recovery Mode. It's working again, I just ended up deleting the password once I gain access on my MacBook.

Shut Down > Power Up > CMD+R > Utilities > Terminal > type "resetpassword"

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Yes, you can reset your password in Recovery Mode. It's working again, I just ended up deleting the password once I gain access on my MacBook.

Shut Down > Power Up > CMD+R > Utilities > Terminal > type "resetpassword"

i know all of that. was asking if everything's alright; seems like you solved your problem, so the purpose of the original post was to...???? share what happened? ask if anyone else had that happen?

anyway, glad you got it sorted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.