I made a decision on a Mac. I found out the 512MB graphics card would be fine for what I do. I decided on the upgraded 21.5" iMac (the $1499 config.). The Genius said I would definitely need 8GB RAM, and he said the same thing I was about to say, buy it from Crucial. 8GB RAM for $45 via Crucial, or $200 via Apple. I'm looking at the 2.7GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM (Upgraded to 8GB), a 1TB HDD, and the Radeon HD 6770M card with 512MB VRAM. My question is, should I pay the extra $180 for the 2.8GHz Quad-Core i7? Part of me says yes because the i7 has hyperthreading, but part of me says no because I'd wait an extra week or two. If I get the 2.7 chip, I can get it Saturday. I really want off this Windows Machine with a failing HDD. It's like playing Russian Roulette. So, what would you do? 2.7 i5, or 2.8 i7? BTW, I would wait until the new generation, but I've been waiting for 2 months. The waiting is killing me.