After my first MBP 2.4 battery calibration...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Steve686, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

I took a Grab of my menu bar after I booted up from a correct battery calibration. I was impressed enough with the battery out of the box, but wanted to see if I could get some more time from my cells.

I am surprised to see that indeed my battery registers about 45 minutes more life than it did before calibration. If you have an issue with low battery life, try at least one calibration and see if it gives you a correct/better usage time.

Also, I have screen brightness at 50%, wifi ON, bt ON and Firefox running.

Please post your own results and a Grab so we can get a general idea of what others are experiencing.

[​IMG]

2. TheHoff macrumors 6502

6 hours ETA on your battery? How?

I have a new MBP, 2.4, 4 gigs, and I changed the HD to a 7200. I just had it fully charged on the wall power, disconnected it, and it shows 1:55 for the battery. I rebooted into battery saving graphics mode before I checked.

I'm doing the calibration routine now but can it really make that much of a difference or is mine quite out of whack? I've put the brightness down to half now, BT is off, WF is on... still under 2 hr, 15 m showing.

3. Empyre macrumors member

I got Easily 5 hours out of my battery saving, split between a few sessions...and after being on sleep for a nights worth of rest =). And it doesnt sound right that your battery only lasted 2 hours in battery saving mode :confused: hopefully the calibration will help you out

4. TheHoff macrumors 6502

Well of course unplugging the things from the unpowered USB splitter helped. It is now at 3:40 with 82% remaining. I'll only have those things in when 'docked' anyway, so this is a more realistic estimate.

5. LinMac macrumors 65816

Mine sits at roughly 5 hours and 35 minutes with my "default" settings.

Integrated GPU, wifi on, bluetooth on, screen dimmed to roughly 3 or 4, and not using the optical drive.

6. Kane.Elson macrumors regular

Wow that's some nice life there. I was hesitant moving from a thinkpad with extended battery to a mbp but if I get those kind of figures I will be pleased.

7. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I must be a rebel because I have the display all the way up, faster graphics card and everything on. I want the whole package and I get about three hours on a complete charge. Yes, I drive an SUV and the AC runs in my home on a regular basis during the summer. My name is tcphoto and I endorse this message.:D

8. Vivid.Inferno macrumors 6502

Vivid.Inferno

hahaha +1

I'd still be driving the Ford Escape if I had enough money in my bank account to fill up the tank lol.

I haven't ordered my MBP yet...I'm waiting for my credit card payment to go through first....as soon as it does I can order hehe.

9. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto