After numerous cases I finally found one

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DanUC6, Mar 17, 2013.

1. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

After.......
    Otterbox Defender
    Otterbox Commuter
    Miniot iWood 5
    Minisuit Clipster
    Magpul
    Lifeproof
    Diztronic
    Surface Pad
    Elago Slim Fit
    Casemate Tough Extreme
    Twig Case
    Mophie Air
    Mophie Helium
    Seidio Reveal
    Element Case Sector 5
    Rokform Rokshiled v3
    Seidio Active

...I have finally found my case. Its the Speck Candyshell Grip. It is thin, protective, great in the hand. I think (Hope!) I can now take a break from searching through cases. Anyone else finally settle?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i dunno, Diztronic was my end of the road. that Speck looks way too busy design wise for me.

3. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

I'm glad you have found your case, but man you have really gone through some obscure manufacturers to settle on a Speck lol. Congrats though. :D

4. Partridge macrumors 6502

5. LoveMyPens macrumors member

I’ve been through at least probably 15 since I purchased my 5 on Nov. 30. I lost count after 10. Purchase most of them in store so I can easily return them if I’m not happy. I like the choice of the candyshell grip. Has an awesome feel to it! I have a black 5 and tried the white/black grip before but just wasn’t a fan of a white case. I knew they have the black/grey but knew it would be scratched up 5 minutes after use! However I purchased the grip Friday and although the back is scratched I love the case. Don’t know if the scratches getting more noticeable will wear on me or not but we’ll see. I also have the black switcheasy tones coming this week to try.

What color did you choose and what color is your 5?

6. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

might I suggest the Spigen Slim Armor...? I like it better than the Speck Candyshells and its various forms...

7. Delta438 macrumors member

You breezed through the Sector 5? If I bought something that expensive I would use it until the end even if it had flaws.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    OP, I updated your title to be a bit more descriptive so the other members will understand what the thread is about.

9. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So... this morning I was taking off my candyshell and it cracked. Unreal. At this point I will be going naked. Yes tried them all. Many were purchased and returned. Color was white and black on black iPhone.

10. Psycho Mantis macrumors member

Send an email to Speck and they will replace it for you.

11. LoveMyPens macrumors member

I believe only if it was purchased from Speck. If its less than 30 days the store should take it back. Guess it just depends where it was purchased from.

12. Yester5 macrumors regular

Yester5

I'm loving my Magpul Field Case...very tight fit and nice and grippy too.:)

13. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

MIME Alias bumper, Qmadic tech armor tempered glass,Slip Stopper(black)

14. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bought it at ATT. Returned it for refund as it seems this is a common theme. I just can't win. I may just stay with the Mophie Air.

15. mackandproud macrumors 6502

This seems like an intriguing product. Considering the extra battery life, it doesn't seem to add much extra bulk.

Right now, I'm satisfied with a standard case, and maybe getting a quick charge from the car charger in a pinch.

16. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Well, if you don't intend to replace the case with the same model, you've yet to try the Spigen Slim Armor Case and the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Mellisaray macrumors regular

18. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Back on the candy shell...bought it at att and they have a one-year warranty on all their cases. I really like this case. This time I will keep it on as to not break it again. The mophie is going back...just don't use it as much as i thought.

19. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

I have the belkin and love it. I also love the Incipio Frequency, which is better in some ways but I got bored.

The Slim Armour is over-rated IMO. The cut outs for headphones are way too small, it's not actually very slim, it scratches very easily and there is no lip o protect screen protectors for catching at the edges and pealing up, or lay on the table.

20. jayrflow macrumors 6502

Really? I had just a regular plastic screen protector at first and it never lifted the screen protector. Even my tempered glass screen protector is fine and doesn't lift. The Slim Amor is one of my favorite cases but everyone has their opinions

21. mackandproud macrumors 6502

I went through about five different cases myself before settling with the belkin. It's not a perfect case, but it is an outstanding case, at a fair price.

22. theautopilot, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013

theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

I'm not saying the case itself lifted the protector. But the lack of a lip leaves screen protectors vulnerable to catching with fingernails and pockets etc. With the right case a screen protector can last months, if not longer. With cases without lips, like the incipio feather and this, I would find they catch on things and be off in a week or so.

23. wellok macrumors 6502

Doesn't the Candyshell Grip seem bulky? I was ready to try it until I saw a comparison with an iPhone 4, and it looked considerably thicker than that.

24. LoveMyPens, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013

LoveMyPens macrumors member

Not at all. Here's a comparison with the Switcheasy Tones.

Attached Files:

25. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Lol, you have not been around these parts long have you ;)