After opening up my MBP, it won't boot.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mr.stinki, Oct 8, 2009.

1. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

I opened up my macbook pro to re-apply the thermal paste, following the guide on ifixit, but after realizing that the guide and my macbook (guide was for early 2008, mines the late 2009) wasn't as accurate, I decided to stop and place everything back. Now, for some reason, the machine won't turn on! If I connect the power cable, the battery charges just fine, and if I press the battery indicator button on the side, it shows me how much charge I've got, but when I press the power button, nothing happens. I've tried pressing and holding for as long as a minute, but that didn't work. I got as far into the guide as to where I was supposed to gently pull the board upward from the left side. Every little connection seems to be secure, I'm thinking it may be a problem with the power button, maybe something there got loose, but I never messed with the area near the power button.

Does anyone know any way to help? I know this is rather difficult, since many things could've gone wrong, but thanks so much in advance.

2. Doc69 macrumors 6502

Did you ever figure out the problem? I'm in the same situation with a 17" PowerBook G4 right now.