After OS reinstall & TM restore, no iPhoto

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bozz2006, May 23, 2011.

1. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

I had installed an Intel 320 that failed two weeks after installation. I restored from Time Machine but iPhoto won't open now. I click the icon and it gets the highlight on the dock showing that the program is open, but no window ever opens. I tried to reinstall from the applications disk but though the process went through with no hangs, it hasn't solved the problem. Can you help me to get iphoto to work again?

2. KlytusLord macrumors regular

I suggest renaming your iPhoto Library so that iPhoto will create a new one when you launch it.

If that works, you can then move your files back into the new library.

3. bozz2006 thread starter macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed the name from iPhoto Library to iPhoto Library(1). Unfortunately, it didn't work. If I click my dock icon to open iPhoto, the toolbar indicates that iPhoto is running, but no window ever shows up. Eventually activity monitor shows iphoto as 'not responding' and i have to force quit.

If I click on my iphoto library in finder, I get this message:

Do you want to switch the current iPhoto Library from “(null)” to “iPhoto Library(1)” and relaunch iPhoto?

and iPhoto hangs the same as before. Any more suggestions?

4. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

You probably need to delete and reinstall iPhoto, but you could try holding the Cmd + Option keys when opening iPhoto to see if rebuilding your database helps.

5. bozz2006, May 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 23, 2011

bozz2006 thread starter macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Nope, that didn't work. It's weird. The application opens but nothing happens and none of the options do anything on the tool bar.

I just went ahead and reinstalled it.