After re-jailbreaking, having several issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by golfergirl13, Feb 27, 2011.

1. golfergirl13 macrumors member

I had to re-jailbreak my iphone 3g due to some issues. If you want to know what my issue was please go to a thread called "please help with a theme I installed thru cydia"

Anyways, after I re-jailbroke my iphone, I have noticed the iphone goes into safe mode alot. After I close any app...it doesn't matter which app (facebook mail, camera, etc), I get a message "We apologize for the inconvience, but SpringBoard has just crashed. MobileSubstrate /did not/ cause this problem; it has protected you for it. Your device is now running in Safe Mode. All extensions that support this safety system are disabled. Reboot (or restart SpringBoard) to return to the normal mode. To return to this dialog touch the status bar. And then I get 3 options: OK, Restart or Help.".

Another issue I am having is I noticed a lock symbol in the middle of the statue bar. I did a search and the only thing I came across was for the Iphone 4 and I have the 3G.

Last issue I am having is when I go into cydia, I am getting the "Essential Upgrade" and no matter if I hit "Upgrade Essential", "Complete Upgrade" or "Ignore", I still get this message.

Any help would be appreciated on these 3 issues.

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

As for the 1st and 3rd issue it does sound as if you a re-jailbreak is the only thing that's going to solve it. I mean, the 1st issue depends on the tweaks/mobile substrates you've installed up until now and if you feel like it you can always spend a considerable amount of to removing one by one to see if it fixes the issue. there are of course no guarantees though as bad dependencies are not easily fixed, might also be a permission issue in yr file system. As for the Cydia issue, sounds like a fishy one but if you go to Manage and the click on Que you should be able to click Confirm to execute the update.

as you've provided no screenshot the lock symbol is difficult to comment on, might be the landscape lock that's on

3. golfergirl13 thread starter macrumors member

I haven't installed anything for about a week and what I did install was not thru cydia. So, I am kind of baffled why I am getting these Springboard crashe messages.

Where can I locate the permission in my file system?

I went into manage and the only thing that I have is Packages, Sources and Storage. Where exactly is the Que located?

4. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Unless you feel like really getting in to hacking I see no easy fix on the horizon - a re-jailbreak is in order

5. golfergirl13 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I did a restore and re-jailbroke my iphone. Everything seems to be working good....except....when I try to open up Safari, it just crashes. This is the ONLY app that crashes. Any suggestions? I really don't want to do another restore/jailbreak if there is another fix for this issue.

6. golfergirl13 thread starter macrumors member

Did a restore and jaibreak my iphone for the 2nd time and it is working good. Was able to install 4.1. this time around.

7. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Good stuff, sometimes things just doesn't work the 1st time. Or the 2nd... ;)

8. is300guy macrumors regular

As I stated in the first thread you posted, "restore and re-jailbreak":cool:

9. golfergirl13 thread starter macrumors member

whatAmI and is300guy - you guys were right. See, sometimes I do listen. :)