After Reboot, Home Screen and Settings Changed

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ckurt25, Dec 15, 2010.

1. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

So I have an iP4 running 4.0.1 jailbroken a long time ago. This morning I had to reboot the phone and when it came back up my home screen changed with a different picture (from lock screen), most of the icon positions on all the pages have changed, the brightness was different, some other settings were changed (like battery % was turned off). Weird, right? Any insight out there what may have caused that? I haven't installed any new apps in weeks. The only other weird thing was that I rebooted because I was killing apps and the phone became unresponsive. I held down the sleep button and home button to reboot. When it came back up it happened to be the same time when my alarm to wake me up was going off. Very strange....

I was thinking I could connect the iPhone to my macbook and restore from a previous back up (one just a few days ago) but when I connect it to restore it says it will update to the newest software. I want to keep my jailbreak so I cancelled that. Does anyone know how to restore from a back up and not be forced to update?

Thanks!

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You can stay on 4.0.1 if you have the blob for it; Apple does SHSH checks, so you can't use an older iOS. You'll have to use Tiny Umbrella to check which SHSH blobs you've got.
    If you don't have 4.0.1, you'll still be okay if you have the blob for 4.0.2. If you've got 4.1, you'll need pwnage to keep your baseband from upgrading.
    If you don't have your blobs, you need to start getting them now.