After repaid 13" rMBP slow on startup

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Galatian, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Galatian macrumors 6502

Galatian

Hey,

Maybe someone lurking around this forum has already red my former post, which explained a lot of the problems I'm having.
    Ever since I received my 13" rMBP back from the repair it is very slow on startups. Until I first see the Apple logo roughly 1 min passes. Usually it was done booting in like 20 sec. Also every custom wallpaper I set up is gone after I restart my MacBook. Does anybody know what is wrong? I don't want to turn it in yet a third time.

2. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

You should check your system log, open Console and check the system log, start looking for the last restart/startup, go from there and look where there is a big gap/jump in time, the last entry before the jump in time is most likely the problem.

Normally I would not suggest a clean install but you might do so in this case.

But, you could still do some other things before doing so, like running Apple Hardware Test, reset SMC and NVRAM/PRAM, another good idea is to see if there are LaunchAgents/Deamons which give you trouble.

Jus a question, you don't use any of the following Apps do you?

MacKeeper
    CleanMyMac
    CCleaner

Edit: In your other thread you asked about Safe mode, if it always starts up in safe mode, you would know because no Login Items would load and only Apple's Graphic drivers are loaded, amongst other things.

3. bcaslis macrumors 68020

The problem is likely that your startup drive isn't selected by default. Open the System Preferences app, click on Startup drive. Make sure your startup disk is selected (it's probably not selected now). Restart and your speed will be back to normal.

4. Galatian thread starter macrumors 6502

Galatian

Thanks for your help! Resetting the PRAM did help!