After Repair Disk Permission

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sdahe, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I got this after installing update 10.5.2 and performing the Repair Disk Permissions... Is it OK?

[​IMG]

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i get the exact same messages after the 10.5.2 update. i found this Apple Discussions page that explains ACL but it is before 10.5.2 and has different details.

im hoping for a fix as well as i hate having repeating details in Disk Util's log.

3. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

I've been getting the same messages ever since I upgraded to Leopard, so it's nothing new. It's a message from the operating system, not an issue with Disk Utility, since I also get that message whenever I rebuild disk permissions using Xupport or IceClean.

4. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

i got that same thing after I repaired permissions after installing 5.2

5. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

So is something usual after the update... hummmmmm!!!!

6. ibmman69 macrumors member

I did not have any of those errors and I upgraded via the combo installer from 10.5.1. I had some errors but they were java related.

The update I downloaded with Software Update would not work so I had to download the combo updater.

How do I manually delete the upgrade package that Software Update downloaded?

7. ILOVEMYMBP2.2g macrumors regular

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

I have no idea what to do?

How long did it take you to repair your permissions because mine just sits at less than a minute, please help me out because its really bugging me. This is after the 10.5.2 update by the way. Thanks in advance

8. Slumbercub macrumors regular

I did a clean install and then a 10.5.2 update follow by the Leopard graphics update. I then carried out a Repair Permissions and everything was fine.

Before the update I got ll sorts of cryptic messages about SUID or some other issue I have no knowledge off yet I never had any problems. If everything is working OK I don't think it is much to worry about.

9. ibmman69 macrumors member

Mine said that the whole time too. It actually took about 20mins or so.