Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GatorMacMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
When I turned on my phone this morning it was DOA. I restored, which also installed 2.0.2, and all went OK. The problem is that when I go to sync my media files, iTunes still stays on the screen to initialize a new iPhone or restore. I can’t get to the primary screen to initiate a sync, change preferences, etc. I tried rebooting the computer and phone, but it just keeps coming up in iTunes as the iPhone needs to be restored. The phone otherwise is now working perfectly fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Penndiak

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
I have the same problem, but i restored it due to all my music had dissapeared and all my apps dont work :( And after restoring it nothing changed no music or no apps working.

GatorMacMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
I had to restore once before after the App rollout. It seems that the apps are reloaded with the restore, but all of the music/videos/TV shows/movies have to be synced to be replaced on the iPhone. That's strange that you aren't at least getting the apps.

Penndiak

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
The apps are all restored to the phone but only come up for like 1second then back 2 home screen but it happening with all the apps, and itunes keeps saying i have 2 restore so... now i cant even get it to sync i've done it 3 times already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.