after restoring, iphone still crashes itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AustinD, Jul 29, 2008.

1. AustinD macrumors regular

Ok, so i have a white iphone, and everything runs pretty much great, until i plug it into my computer, it completely locks up itunes every time.

ive checked all software, and ive restored the phone. i cant figure it out.
    any suggestions?
    btw, it happened also before i restored the phone.

2. Babiipiink macrumors member

i was experiencing the same problem today. I also have a white 3G. I tried to sync it with iTunes and i had to force quit every time. It doesn't happen to me all the time, however. I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you. I think the long backup might have something to do with my issue, i'm not sure about yours.

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

There's a few different things you can try, do you have an iPod or Gen 1 iPhone.. try plugging those in and see how iTunes reacts.. if it acts the same, you may be better off just completely uninstalling iTunes and doing a reinstall.

On the other hand, if everything runs smooth, you may then want to do an erase all content on the iPhone and do a refresh..

4. S Brake macrumors regular

My experience was that whenever I plugged in the iPhone, iTunes would freeze. The moment I unplugged the iPhone it would work just fine.
    I ginally got it to work by plugging in the phone and just leaving it alone for a few minutes and now it is working fine.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ugh mine just started doing this. anyone know of a fix? im runinng the latest itunes and iphone software

6. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

I had this problem too with my black 16gb iphone. My solution was to immediately cancel the sync when I plug in the phone, then change all of the options so I basically wasn't synching any content. Then I slowly added the content back, one thing at a time (music, photos, videos). I think photos were tripping me up but I can't say for sure. Anyway, it seems to work now... weird.

7. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what you mean. the OP posted 22 minutes apart hence my first comment.