After restoring iphone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MacChinoNyc, Jan 5, 2010.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

How do I get my purchase apps back onto iphone?
    It seems to want me to buy again, I dont want to click it as not to get charged twice.

2. kicko macrumors 65816

just apps sync again from itunes

3. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

If you synced with itunes all your apps will be in itunes. If you bought an app and its not in your itunes then you can download it again for free. It will look like you're buying it again but once you hit buy it will tell you that you can download it for free. You won't be charged for the same app twice.

4. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

I originally backed up before I restored, and it seemed to have lost all my apps.

I did this through the pc and told me the pc wasnt authorized.
    I then tried this through the phone and it told me I had already purchased it and if I wanted to download it again and I chose yes. Thanks.

5. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

You don't need to download the apps again if they are already on your computer.

Try this:

Click on your iPhone in iTunes. In the main screen, you will see a bunch of tabs. Click on the one for Applications. At the top left of this screen, there is a button you can push to sync Apps. And then there will be a list of your Apps, and you can select which ones to sync to your iPhone. You can also set the layout of your iPhone screens on this page. once you have everything layed out the way you want it, just hit the Sync button on the bottom right. this will upload all of your Apps to the phone. Now - if you want to restore your App data from your backup, just do your restore again, and then your old App data should be loaded into your Apps.

6. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

If the problem is that your Apps do not appear in iTunes, then you will have to download them all again (which will be free, but a PITA). After you do that, and you have them all loaded onto your iPhone, then you can do a restore from your old backup to get your App data back.

And in the future - to make sure the Apps you purchase on your iPhone get put into iTunes on your computer, you can click on File -> Transfer Purchases from iPhone in iTunes. It's a good idea to do that periodically.