After screen replacement photos and videos look strange

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AyaAwad, Mar 24, 2018.

1. AyaAwad, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018

AyaAwad macrumors newbie

AyaAwad

My screen was broken and I had it replaced, everything works perfectly the colors looks good but the photos and videos look ver weird (attached photo)
    Did anyone experience such an issue before? Can anyone help?

you can see normal image here
    http://globe-views.com/dcim/dreams/face/face-01.jpg

Attached Files:

2. csurfr macrumors 68000

Are you referring to the bighter spots on the forehead, nose, etc?

Take a look to see which color profile your display is using in system preferences -> display -> color. By default it should be using “color lcd”. This will be the recommended profile for your display, and unless you’re sending photos to a higher end printer (which will have its own specific profile) the one you should probably be using.

3. AyaAwad thread starter macrumors newbie

AyaAwad

Many thanks csurfr yes thats right I refer to strange effect and spots around nose and forehead, I did so and also tried color calibration but still didn't work

4. csurfr macrumors 68000

If you want to, post a link to the photo in question, and I can take a look at it on my machines here, unless you have a second machine to use to compare it. It might be that it’s just those photos...unless, of course, it happens on all of them. Where did you get your screen replaced?

5. AyaAwad thread starter macrumors newbie

AyaAwad

Thanks csurfr, here is a link for the pic, actually I just got it at google :D
    http://globe-views.com/dcim/dreams/face/face-01.jpg

I had a professional change my screen at a local service center and paid for the screen for around 450$

6. csurfr macrumors 68000

It's possible that something could be off on the screen itself, but I'd still lean towards some sort of calibration issue. The photo looks fairly flawless on my 2017 15"

IMG_0093.jpg

7. AyaAwad thread starter macrumors newbie

AyaAwad

M
    thanks for sending the screenshot, I think its a calibration issue too but I can't fix it myself I hope someone can help

8. itegypt, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018

itegypt macrumors 6502a

itegypt

what macbook pro are you referring to and what year?
    Try an external display and see if it looks better than your screen, if not check back with the repair shop and show them the issue because the LCD they installed can be none OEM/defective

Islam-

9. AyaAwad thread starter macrumors newbie

AyaAwad

Thank you all for your help, I went back to the repair shop yesterday and they changed the screen one more time as it seems he used an earlier version screen that wasn't compatible with the laptop (mine is a late 2015, he used an early 2015 model I believe) he changed it and it works perfectly now

10. csurfr macrumors 68000

Wow. Thanks for the update! I would never have guessed that that would have been possible!

11. itegypt macrumors 6502a

itegypt

Glad that it all worked out for you!