After seeing all of these 'iPhone horror stories'...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by t0mm, Aug 5, 2009.

1. t0mm macrumors regular

Who has actually purchased an insurance policy for their phone.

Not applecare, an actual insurance policy incase they drop their phone or get it wet or whatever..

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I have from Best Buy. It is 14 dollars a month and covers everything but theft. My first iphone was insured through my homeowners insurance. State Farm won't do it anymore though.

3. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Even though the insurance at Best Buy is rather pricey, I think I might get that when I pick up my 3GS.

4. t0mm thread starter macrumors regular

My bank supplies me with it.

I pay about $12 a month and I get international cover for:
    Accidental damage
    Malicious damage (providing it's reported to the police)
    Water damage
    Loss
    Theft
    Unauthorised calls.

And I get Car breakdown cover, travel insurance and card protection.

Pretty cheap for that I think.

It's the first thing I did straight away was look for insurance.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Your sig is broken.

As for insurance, I have none. I would like for it to be covered for accidental damage but that's pretty hard to come by from what I've read.

7. GeneralP macrumors member

My Bank offers me theft, accident and "human error" Just need to fill out the paperwork if anything happens to it. Takes a while but that is the nice part of using a credit union.

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

This is probably a stupid question, but does anybody know if Best Buy offers any kind of coverage for phones not purchased there? I had them for my Bold and was very happy knowing that even if I did something incredibly stupid to my phone, I could scoop up all of the bits into a baggie and haul it into the store and walk out with a new one.

Or if they don't, are there other companies who offer that sort of thing? I remember hearing talk of one company that several people used, but IIRC, it had to be purchased w/in 30 days of the phone purchase. I'm outside of that window now and after sitting through YET ANOTHER external hard drive failing :mad:, I want to try to insure everything that isn't nailed down.

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Sorry to derail the topic but how did you like the Bold? I've been battling the urge to get one for a while.

10. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I loved it. Well, I loved everything about it other than the browser. It, at least on mine, was an EPIC fail, highly prone to hanging up forever or just crashing outright. Loved everything else about it, though. The display is GORGEOUS. And I dearly miss my LED notifications. But since I was using a 16GB Touch for several hours a day and carrying the Bold too, when I saw that I was eligible for an upgrade, I decided to consolidate devices and went for the 32 GB iPhone.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Bold to anybody, though. :)

11. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Three people in my work group, including me, have the best buy insurance. Though somewhat spendy we have not had a single issue getting repairs/replacements. There is a 3 to 5 days turn around.

12. t0mm thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it's crazy.

It's an expensive piece of kit which should be insured.

I see so many 'I dropped my iPhone in water, what next' topics.